“These Boots Were Made for Walking”

Into the halls of WRMS a million times. On planes to different continents. Toward the rain and off into the sunsets, goes my shoes that are two sizes smaller for me but I insist I wear them.

The small patches of white and blue paint on the bottom from art class last year. And the bright red laces worn out. With a shimmery bandanna pattern on the side. And the inside, as plushy as could be.

Upon the hills of grass, and valleys of dirt, my shoes still hang in there without a doubt. Soon enough they will give up and start giving me blisters. But all I have to do is wear band aids on my heels.

Regarding any other shoe, I would choose my one-of-a-kind Sperry Top Siders for all my adventures to come. 

4 thoughts on ““These Boots Were Made for Walking”

1. I like the series of prepositional phrases to open this, taking us to the places your shoes have taken you. I also like it that you tell us what kind of shoes they are at the very end. Well done!

2. I like how you took us through where your shoes have been. I would also always choose my Sperry Top Siders too. I feel that they are comfy just like you do too.

3. I really liked how I could picture everything you were saying in my mind. I liked how you used vivid imagery and it helped me understand the story better.